Sunday, August 26, 2012

Countdown: Final stretch and sleep deprived!

-jmj

Countown: 6 Hours!


Welp folks, this is it. I have 6 more hours till I'm on a plane to Houston, which will then take me to London. I'm currently trying to stay awake so that I can sleep on the long flight ahead. 14 hours sounds like a miserable amount of time to be fully conscious and confined to a small space so I'm counting on sleeping through most of it.  I may be very sleep deprived my first day in London, but I'll hope for the best. 

I'm so excited for this next journey that God has planned for me. I have no idea what it will hold, all of the plans that He has in store for me, and all of the amazing experiences I will have. I'm sure they will be great though! 

I finally finished packing today (as predicted) and my luggage is under weight limits! The last minute things came up, of course, but I am hoping I have everything!

The hardest part of it all has been saying good bye to my family. I know I'll see them again, but still... I'm going so far away! It's been an amazing summer and I am sad to see it end. 

Moment of Clarity:

As excited as I am about this semester, I have also been very excited to visit Benedictine College (BC for short) when I return. A nice, wise woman today reminded me to really enjoy the time that I have in Italy. It will be an amazing (possibly once-in-a-lifetime) experience and it will fly by! I want to live in the present and experience everything this semester with a grateful heart and open eyes. I'll get to BC eventually... My job for the next 3 months is to live and be present in Italy with 30 amazing other students! Pray for me!

You are all in my prayers! Hope you are sleeping soundly as I type this... God bless!
Michela


No comments:

Post a Comment